Wine and Music: Entertaining: Pairings
Wine and Music recommends Spencer Day's new EP, If Christmas Doesn’t Kill Me, for the Holidays. There is not much new Christmas music this year, but this one has the makings of a classic. The only complaint is that there are only four songs on it and you will definitely wish there were more. Fortunately the songs are good enough to play over and over.
Spencer Day has a great voice reminiscent of Michael Bublé, but with a soulful country twist. He is almost a male version of Norah Jones. The title of the release is less than positive and may be the reason it is not being talked about more, but the song and the EP are very upbeat in spirit and feel. It will be a part of our Christmas playlist for years to come. Pair this musical experience with the Roederer Estate Brut a sparkling wine from Northern California listed at $19.99.
Roederer Estate Brut,is the first California sparkling wine produced by Champagne Louis Roederer. It is rated 91 points by Wine Spectator who describes it as "Sleek and impeccably focused and balanced, with floral apple, cinnamon and anise aromas” making this pairing perfect for the Holidays.
- Esperanza Spalding and Gloria Ferrer
- Chris Botti and Caymus
- Michael Bublé Christmas
- Romantic Pairings for summer
- 100 Points!
- Best 90+ rated wines under $20 with our suggested CDs of 2009-2010
- George Winston and 2003 Novy
- Eric Clapton and 2003 Rosenblum Zin
- Steely Dan and 1997 Bertani Amarone
- Corrine Bailey Rae and 2005 De Vries Pinotage
- Andrea Bocelli and Laurent Perrier Champagne
- Janita and Inniskillin Gold Oak Aged Vidal Icewine
- Enya and Taylor Fladgate Port
- Branford Marsalis and Brancott Reserve Sauvignon Blanc
- Jackson Browne and 2002 Northstar Merlot
Page 1 of 16